QS-MAPLE is designed for senior and rising higher education leaders, as well as academics, who are interested in the advancement of higher education in the Middle East and Africa in an international context.
The participants of QS-MAPLE are diverse, which is one of the events’ core strengths. They include:
- Presidents, vice chancellors, policy advisors, especially those involved in formulating their institutional strategy.
- International collaboration experts from the Middle East and Africa and those from outside the region interested in expanding collaborations through student and faculty mobility, dual/joint degrees, joint research, etc.
- Senior and rising higher education administrators seeking best practices, career development and networking opportunities with counterparts from around the world.
- Academics, from professors to PhD students, who study higher education and the knowledge economy of the Middle East and Africa and want to interact with front-line professional leaders.
- Public officials at the ministry of education and related agencies involved in higher education reforms, internationalization and promotion.
- Quality assurance experts from national and international agencies seeking partners and a broader insight into global accreditation trends.
- Business, NGO and other stakeholders who have a close interest in higher education developments in the region.
The motivations for attending QS-MAPLE are as diverse as the event’s participants, but generally include a mix of:
- Networking both professionally and on behalf of the institution, and the opportunity to meet decision-makers and experts relevant to the Middle East and Africa in one place.
- Partnership development and the negotiating of cooperation agreements and MoUs.
- Professional development by sharing best practices by a diverse set of institutions.
- Trend watching and research by engaging first-hand with knowledgeable participants from the region and beyond, enabling participants to stay informed.
- Promotion of one’s institution to global peers for potential collaboration and all-round branding.